This calm excursion on the immediate outskirts of the Red city, through lush palm groves, adobe villages and quiet wadi.
- Explore the desert and Palm Grove of Marrakech from a camel's back
What to Expect
Ride through time to Marrakech’s nearby desert. This calm excursion on the immediate outskirts of the Red city, through lush palm groves, adobe villages and quiet wadi, is very family friendly and can also be tailored to suit your parties needs.
Year round Hotel or riad pick up & transfer to our local departure site to discover these amazing animals so incredibly adapted to desert life. Across soft dirt paths through palmgroves and along dry river beds with access to the nice spots ony the locals know. The reliability and lengthy experience of our local team will help you and yours make the most of this family friendly activity.
To enjoy the magic of the great desert camel treks, we provide you with a traditional shesh headwear and a gandora tunic Tea, pastries and Berber Hospitality in a shaded and relaxed local home.
Discover the millennial packed mud walls & clever hammams still in use today. Experience for a while the magic of the desert caravans that once plied these same paths between the Sahara and the Atlantic.
- Pick up from & return transfer to your hotel or riad (5 km or less from Marrakech)
- One fully saddled camel
- One shesh per person to protect from the sun.
- Tea break with a local family to sample msmimen with traditional mint tea.
Know Before You Go
- We recommend you wear closed sports shoes, comfortable clothing, sunscreen and a windbreaker (required in the winter).
- To best enjoy this experience, we suggest you respect local customs and avoid wearing shorts or skirts
- This excursion is very family friendly. Children are more than welcome, but under 12’s must ride with an adult.